See attachment for more in-depth instructions:
Cohesive response based on reading material and experience.
3 or 4 paragraphs in length, as a general expectation/estimate
Discussion 1 Assignment: Ask Why
Simon Sinek’s framework of “WHY” is the thing that inspires us and inspires those around us. Reflect upon how “The Golden Circle” provides compelling evidence of how much more we can achieve if we remind ourselves to start everything leaders do by first asking WHY.
To prepare for this Discussion Assignment:
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
· Sinek, S. (2009). Start with why: How great leaders inspire everyone to take action [PDF version]. Retrieved September 12, 2017, from
· Read the following chapters:
· Introduction: Why Start with Why?
· PART 1: A WORLD THAT DOESN’T START WITH WHY
· Assume You Know
· Carrots and Sticks
· PART 2: AN ALTERNATIVE PERSPECTIVE
· The Golden Circle
· This Is Not Opinion, This Is Biology
· Clarity, Discipline and Consistency
· TED. (Producer). (2009, September). Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action [Video file]. Retrieved September 12, 2017, from
· Cohesive response based on your analysis of the Learning Resources and your professional experience.
Be sure to discuss the following
· How you will use the concepts of “The Golden Circle” and “The power of WHY is not opinion, it is biology” to inspire and motivate others to follow your lead.
· Explain why the author believes “Gut decisions don’t happen in your stomach” is an important concept and discuss how it can shape your inner leader.
· Support your ideas by connecting them to the week’s Learning Resources, as well as other credible resources you have read, or what you have observed and experienced.
· 3 or 4 paragraphs in length, as a general expectation/estimate
, correct grammar and APA 7th edition citing