The health care industry, like other industries, is a very competitive environment. As organizational behavior within health care companies evolves, it will be even more important to consider the future use of learning about/applying concepts of organizational behavior and the need for continuing education.
After a productive year with the medical waste management company, Justin has now been tasked with implementing a company-wide policy change to require continuing education. Each employee will now be required to complete 2 hours of continuing education each year. Justin’s supervisor has asked for analysis and a plan for the implementation of this company-wide change. This analysis will be presented to company leadership as a tool for understanding and implementing this change.
Answer the following prompts.
Cite 2 reputable references.
1. Explain the importance of continuing education regarding the organizational change (100–175 words).
2. Explain the impact this policy change may have on the organizational behavior and organizational culture of the company (100–175 words).
3. Explain barriers to change and how to address the barriers (100–175 words).
4. Explain how this change may affect individual job performance and job satisfaction (100–175 words).
5. Explain a motivational strategy that might be used for implementation (100–175 words).
6. Explain how teams or groups could be used to implement this policy change. Include a review of two approaches managers can use to build team performance and two organizational barriers to team effectiveness (100–175 words).