Code of Ethics
Prepare a code of ethics for a fictional criminal justice agency that includes a minimum of eight elements. If you are not a member of a criminal justice agency, research the type of agency you wish to join to get an idea of which elements should be included. Once you have compiled the code of ethics, respond to the following questions:
· Why did you include each specific element? Discuss the elements you believe set the foundation for ethical behavior.
· From an officer’s standpoint, why is a code of ethics an important part of working within the community?
· From an agency standpoint, why is a code of ethics an important part of determining practical solutions to everyday issues in a diverse society?
· Once you have written the code of ethics, how would you train officers to ensure compliance?
· How often should you offer follow-up training? Why?
Your completed assignment must be a minimum of three double-spaced pages in length (one page for the code of ethics and two pages for question responses).
Please use two credible sources to support your reasoning, one of which may be the textbook. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.