Assignment # 1—Research Paper CritiqueHide Assignment InformationINSTRUCTIONSPlease select any nursing research article from any one of the scientific journals found in the Nursing-Related Databases and Journals list. Select an article from an area that you are interested in or from the field you are working in. The article must be a peer-reviewed research report that was published in the last 5 years. Using the article selected, construct a critique of the article, 6 to 10 pages (including cover page and references).It is strongly recommended that you send your article via e-mail to the instructor for approval before your begin your critique.The critique shouldidentify the problem statement or statement of purpose of the articlecomment the on article’s literature review (usually found in the introduction or background sections)describe the participants being studied, stating inclusion and exclusion criteriadiscuss the sampling issues, such as probability or nonprobability and number of subjects usedidentify the study setting—where data collection occurreddiscuss informed consent—whether the participants were fully informed, how their consent was obtained, and any other ethical considerationsidentify the hypothesis or research questionidentify the research design—for example, experimental or nonexperimental; descriptive, exploratory, explanatory, or predictive?identify research variables, both independent and dependentdescribe how the study data were analyzed (what statistical measures were used)describe the results of the study and appropriateness of the methods used; include study limitationsaccurately comment on level of evidence used, nursing theory addressed (including if no theory is described) and implications for nursing practice or researchdiscuss how the research findings can be applied to the clinical areaYou must submit a pdf copy of the article that you are critiquing along with the assignment.The following resources, in the week 4 Learning Resources section of the LEO classroom, will provide helpful guidelines for constructing a critique of a nursing research article.VideoFramework for how to read and critique a research study: Research Article Critique.ArticlesVance, D. E., Talley, M., Azuero, A., Pearce, P. F., & Christian, B. J. (2013). Conducting an article critique for a quantitative research study: perspectives for doctoral students and other novice readers. Nursing: Research and Reviews, 3: 67–75.Cronin, P., Ryan, F., & Coughlan, M. (2008). Undertaking a literature review: a step-by-step approach. British Journal of Nursing, 17(1): 38-43.The Learning Resources page lists resources that provide several guidelines for constructing a critique of a nursing research article you may find helpful. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your instructor.
Week 4 Nursing Mentorship Program Research Paper Critique Assignment 1
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.