Applying Research in Correctional SettingsAs you have seen throughout this course, psychological research can be applied in a variety of forensic psychology settings. Research that is specific to a particular setting and/or population can help the forensic psychology professional refine assessment and treatment techniques in that setting and for that population.For example, in the past 25 years, incarceration rates have increased dramatically with the largest increase being that of individuals serving a sentence for drug-related crimes. This largely has been the result of the federal government’s “get tough on drugs” policy that began in the early to mid 1980s. As a result, substance abuse treatment in correctional settings has been increasingly popular, especially when incentives are offered to reduce the amount of jail time for the inmate who completes treatment. Today’s treatment of substance abuse in correctional settings is predicated on research that has demonstrated what does and does not work.Substance abuse treatment is only one of the many areas a forensic psychology professional may be asked to address in a correctional setting. In this assignment you become familiar with research in other areas, all of which may be applied in correctional settings.To prepare for this Discussion:Review the article, “Innovations in Correctional Assessment and Treatment.” Focus on specific areas of mental health assessment and treatment in correctional settings, how these areas are studied, and the results.Think about how you might apply the results of this study in a correctional setting.Review this week’s DVD program, “Application of Psychological Research – Correctional Settings.” Consider the types of forensic psychology research questions that are relevant to correctional settings.Using the Walden Library, select a psychological research study conducted in a correctional setting.Review the section(s) on methods and results of the research study you selected and think about what you believe to be the most important contributions of the study for use in correctional settings.Consider how a forensic psychology professional might apply the results of this study in a correctional setting.With these thoughts in mind:Post a brief description of the research study you selected. Then, explain the parts of this study that you believe might be important for forensic psychology professionals working in correctional settings. Finally, explain how a forensic psychology professional might use the results of the study in a correctional setting.
Walden Forensic Psychology Professionals in Correctional Settings Assignment
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.