Application: Strengths and Limitations of Correlational DesignCorrelational designs have been used in all areas of research. Forensic psychology research is no exception. As you have seen from your readings, many phenomena do not lend themselves to true experimental design. For example, an experimental research study that looks at the effect of viewing violent content, either on television or in video games, would be more challenging, both practically and ethically, than a similar study using a correlational design. Correlational research designs allow researchers to study behavior as it occurs naturally. However, to do so probably would compromise the ability to draw cause-and-effect conclusions.To prepare for this assignment:Review Chapter 9 in your course text, Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences. Consider the strengths and limitations of using correlational data, in general, and as it relates to research in forensic psychology or in forensic settings.Review the article, “Forensic Psychology: An Empirical Review of Experimental Research.” Focus on the strengths and limitations of empirical and correlational design.Using the Walden Library, select and review two research articles covering different topic areas, both of which use a correlational design.Think about the strengths and limitations of the correlational design used in each of the two research articles you chose.The assignment (3 pages):Briefly describe each of the studies in the two research articles you selected. Include a description of the results of the studies and the correlational relationship reported.Explain the strengths and limitations of using a correlational design in each of the studies.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.