1) Consider the crimes of rape, pedophilia, or torture (non-consensual) for sexual gratification. Are such acts wrongin themselves or by their consequences? If so, can you square the wrongness of these acts with moral relativism? Consider such crimes from a subjectivist point of view, then a conventionalist point of view. Can either form of moral relativism square with the belief that such acts are objectively wrong? Consider such acts from the standpoint of Gilbert Harmon: whether rape e.g. is wrong depends of the “agreements of particular groups”. So, e.g. rape is wrong in one group, but under the agreement of another group it’s maybe ok. So, if you were a member of a group who believed that rape is wrong, but visited a group that believes it is ok, would you commit rape among that people? Put differently, if it is morally permissible for one group to do an action, and no standards exist beyond what different groups happen to believe, then why shouldn’t you feel free to try it? After all, how can you criticize their view simply because it is different? Can your choice to try it, be defended in a non-circular way, or a way that does commit you to a contradiction as soon as you act? How would Hospers handle such actions? How might Pojman?2) Consider the principle of reciprocity, which we have found in every moral philosophy that we have studied this term except for Harmon. Assume that this principle is merely relative, and not as Pojman claims, objectively binding. Imagine explaining how a human society anywhere, could function without the principle of reciprocity. Does such a society exist? Could it exist? Explain.(( I need 2 pages for the first question and one page for the second question and I need it from your opinion no reference ))
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.