1. Many women crave salt during menstruation or pregnancy. Why? 2. For most people, insulin levels tend to be higher during the day than at night. Use this fact to explain why people grow hungry a few hours after a daytime meal but not so quickly at night. For each of the following people, identify whether the person is heterosexual (H), gay (G), lesbian (L), or bisexual (B), based on the information provided. For each person, briefly make note of your reasons for your decision. For each of your answers please use both your opinion and empirical support. 1. A man who has self-identified as gay since his teens, who has had two brief sexual relationships with women, and who has been involved with his current (male)partner for 3 years. 2. A woman who has had a number of intimate sexual relationships with women and expresses little interest in pursuing relationships with men. 3. A man who has had several intimate sexual relationships with both women and men, though he generally prefers the company of men. 4. A man who is strongly attracted to both men and women although all of his sexual relationships have been with women. 5. A woman who has self-identified as heterosexual throughout her life and finds herself strongly attracted to a new female co-worker. 6. A man whose male partner died of AIDS 10 years ago and is currently married to a bisexual woman. 7. A woman who self-identified as a lesbian, is active in the women’s movement and gay rights groups, and is happily married to a man. 8. A woman who had a brief sexual relationship with her college roommate 20 years ago but since then has had several intimate relationships with men. 9. A woman who psychologically, emotionally, and socially prefers the company of women over men but whose sexual experiences have been exclusively with men. A recently divorced woman who had been married to a man for 19 years and is now living with her female partner. PART TWO: Closed-Ended Evaluation Items: 1. How much did you learn about issues related to sexual orientation as a result of this exercise? 1(very little) to 7 (a great deal) 2. In terms of understanding issues related to sexual orientation, how enjoyable was this exercise? 1 (very enjoyable) to 7 (not at all enjoyable) 3. The instructor should use the exercise on sexual orientation again in future semesters. 1 (strongly agree) to 7 (strongly disagree) 4. How useful was this exercise in prompting you to think about issues related to sexual orientation? 1 (not at all useful) to 7 (very useful) 5. I learned more about issues related to sexual orientation today than if I had not participated in the exercise. 1(Strongly agree) to 7 (strongly disagree) Today’s exercise on sexual orientation was a waste of my time. 1 (Strongly agree) to 7 (strongly disagree) 7. Instructors who teach other, related courses should use this exercise when they discuss issues related to sexual orientation. 1 (Strongly agree) to 7 (strongly disagree) Gender Testing: Participants in international competitions in women’s sports used to be subjected to gender testing to make sure that the participants were actually female. While this process has been largely discontinued, it remains more difficult than one might first suspect to determine whether an individual is male or female. This activity, developed by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, highlights some of these difficulties. Please click on the link provided to review the web site. As you view the site, consider these questions: What thoughts come to mind? What feelings or thoughts does this subject matter conjure up for you? http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/gender-testing-…
Sexual Relationships and Sexual Orientation Discussion Questions
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.