****** please respond to the discussion below add citations and references 🙂 *******There are approximately forty million Americans without health insurance in the United States. In the 21st Century Americans continue to retire at age 65, but are living much longer than they did in the past health care model that predicted people to live to age 65-70.(Liaropoulus,2015, p.2)Today, on average the elderly live to be 80 years old and still retired at age 65. The burden of the cost for health care will fall on the taxpayer in the society of people within the United States. Although it is wonderful that we are living longer lives, the fact that our contribution of income and health benefits stops at age 65 and we live another 15-20 years is what creates the financial burden. “ In addition, as unemployment increases, incomes decline and pressures on health budget and public infrastructure are pushed to extremes, evidence has indicated that public health systems financed through taxation can be more responsive to economic pressures and more effective in health expenditure consolidation.”(Evans RG.,2002,pg31-58) The rise in unemployment increases the cost of healthcare as unemployed Americans are still in need of health insurance. Not only the retired population, but the unemployed pull from the health care budget and are not actively contributing. The working public currently contributes to the budget, but it is also covering the difference for the retired population and the unemployed.The cost affects the health care provided to patients as more and more people are under or uninsured they rely on public health care such as clinics because they can’t afford to attend their private physicians office.Health care reform requires committees and budget analysis people to budget an idea and the manpower to put it into action. I propose every person be charged a minimum cost for health care based on their income to avoid the cost of private health insurance to continue to rise. This would allow everyone to have insurance and no one getting it for free or someone over paying. Unfortunately, it seems as though taxing the public to meet the demands of the healthcare budget is in the near future in order to sustain the cost.(Liaropoulus,2015,p.3)Evans RG. (2002)Financing health care: taxation and the alternatives. In: Mossialos EDA, Figueras J, Kutzin J, editors. Funding health care: options for Europe. Maidenhead: Open University Press; 2002. pp. 31–58Liaropoulos, L., & Goranitis, I. (2015). Health care financing and the sustainability of health systems. International journal for equity in health, 14, 80. doi:10.1186/s12939-015-0208-5
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.