******** please respond to the discussion below add citations and references 🙂 *********Statistics involves the study of math and calculations of numbers as well as relying on how the numbers are chosen. “First documentation on social statistical concepts originated in the 1600s as published discussions on probability and normal curve equations” (Grand Canyon University, 2018, para. 4). The use of statistics and analysis of patient data is at the root of nursing research. Florence Nightingale utilized this during the Crimean War in the 1850s. Documentation of statistical analysis in the medical field is seen in 1825 when James Jackson completed an analysis of bloodletting among pneumonitis patients between April 1825 and May 1835. The study concluded by Jackson is based on the works of Pierre-Charles-Alexandre Louis numeric method published in 1828. Documentation of the time of day, calculated average convalescence within groups stratified by age, sex, prior health and the day of the disease when the patients were admitted to the hospital. Jackson concluded it is of less importance whether patients were bled or not than whether they entered the hospital early or late after the onset of the pneumonitis. Jackson discovered that bloodletting was ineffective. Reanalysis of Jackson’s data confirms his conclusion, Jackson’s contribution to the gathering of patient clinical data from hospital records using a quantitative analytical method is still used in the health care field (Kahn and Morabia, 2015).ReferencesGrand Canyon University (Ed). (2018). Applied statistics for health care. Retrieved from https://lc.gcumedia.com/hlt362v/applied-statistics-for- health-care/v1.1/Kahn, L. G., & Morabia, A. (2015). Using the numerical method in 1836, James Jackson bridged French therapeutic epistemology and American medical pragmatism. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 68(4), 397–404. https://doi- org.lopes.idm.oclc.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2014.10.013
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.