1. select known childrens book – loved story book that is appropriate to be read to children ages 2-6. It may be a book that you enjoyed someone reading to you as a child, or if you are a parent, it may be a book that you enjoy reading to your own children.2. As you read the book, take note of any psychological development topics that the author used in the story. You may answer the questions included on the analysis form.4. After analyzing the children’s book and identifying the psychological elements included in the story, Write an analysis essay of the book that summarizes your results..In your analysis essay, be sure to address the points below that are appropriate for the book/story that you chose. 1. Give the title of the book, the name of the author, the name of the illustrator and the date of publication2. Was this a book that you enjoyed as a child? Yes/no. If yes, provide one reason why you enjoyed it. If no, why did you choose the book you used for this assignment?3. Choose a minimum of 5 developmental psychology concepts from the list below that are included as elements in the book/story that you chose. PICK ONE OR MORE IF THESE LETTERS IF THEY MATCH UP WITH YOUR CHILDRENS BOOK(a) Does the story contain elements of rhyme and repetition in the text that promotes thought, language and memory development? (b) Do any of the characters in the story exhibit egocentrism/egocentric thoughts and behaviors? (ex. Animals that dress and talk like a child or conflicts or misunderstandings that arise from the main character’s self-centered view )(c) Do any of the characters in the story exhibit centration in their thinking or relationships with others? (stories about the characters in the book who have only one prominent feature such as a character’s focusing on one special goal, one special object, one special person, one special experience)(d) Using the descriptions of cognitive development that Piaget’s Stage Theory provides, what stage of cognitive development would you say that the major characters in the story are reflecting through their behavior and thoughts? Provide a reason to support your observation.(e) Using the stage and behavior descriptions of Erikson’s Psycho Social Development Theory, what stage of psycho social development do you believe the main characters are demonstrating through their behavior and interactions with others and reactions in the story? (f) Were there any effects that resulted from or depended on literal or figurative language? Did the main character or characters demonstrate appropriate symbolic thinking (from Piaget’s theory) or were there misunderstandings because figurative language and symbols were taken literally?(g) Describe story elements that illustrate strong ties of family bonding and friendship, as well as any indications of the temperaments of the main characters. Using Chess’s temperament scale, how would you categorize the temperaments of the major characters in the story? (easy, difficult, inconsistent)? What behaviors did the major characters display that led you to that conclusion?(h) If the story included a parent or caregiver, what kind of parenting style would you say that individual used? Use Baumrind’s Styles of Caregiving Theory (authoritative, authoritarian, permissive, uninvolved) to identify the parenting style and provide one reason to support your choice. (i) Were there any story elements that reflected a character’s fear or anxiety about separation? If so, how was this anxiety handled in the story?(j) Did the main character experience any identity development issues such as self- esteem issues, gender, bullying, or autonomy development? What issues were addressed and what were the solutions to the issues?4. What did you think about this assignment? Did it enable you to see how psychological principles are a part of so many experiences in our lives? Did you find this activity useful and helpful to you in understanding the psychological components of developmental psychology? If yes, in what ways? If no, why was it not helpful?
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.