A reminder: the final project will take the form of a short “pitch” for a satiric culturalproduction (the pitch should take no more than 10 minutes, leaving 2 minutes or so for questions. For the purposes of the presentation, I will be acting as CEO of OmniMedia Inc., an enormous media corporation that is looking to expand its satiric offerings. Since OmniMedia is active in all branches of media, the CEO is willing to listen to pitches for new television shows, YouTube channels, novels, radio programs, podcasts, video games, music, etc. You will be making the pitch to me, not to the class.There are two parts to your presentation: the oral “pitch” itself, where you explain your imaginary product and why you decided on it; and the introduction of a sample/object to accompany the pitch – this could range from a film clip to a storyboard poster to an animated “sample” of a video game. In terms of the pitch itself, there are various things you should touch on, beyond the basic summary of your product: what is your target audience? Why do you think this will be popular/profitable cultural product? What are some similar products that have influenced you? Why is it important that this product have a satirical angle?Some examples of presentations by other groups in earlier version of this class: A TV sketch show, somewhat equivalent to SNL, but aiming at a more right-wing/conservative audience. Sample/object: a film clip satirizing Venezuelan holiday resorts. [Note: this was before the situation in Venezuela shifted from “shaky” to “tragic.”]A young adult book series that satirized hyper-violent fantasy series such as “Game of Thrones.” In this series, the characters were hyper-polite, etc. Sample/object: piece of merchandise produced on a 3d printer.A podcast that subtly satirized “freakonomics”-type examinations of various topics, with the twist that the presenters always gradually entered into “Modest Proposal”-type territory. (example: the burgeoning high-end popsicle business was examined, gradually implying that manufacturers could add various illicit substances to appeal to new markets not traditionally associated with high popsicle purchase rates).Sample/object: audio clipA movie that focused on the people who had to clean up all the damage caused by an Avengers-type superhero group during their battles against evil.Sample/object: posters showing art and storyboard
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.