1.(05.04 MC)Lisa adds protein powder to her tropical smoothie. She believes the protein has enzymes that will improve the results of her cardio workouts. Which of the following disproves her predication? (3 points)Enzymes cannot improve the results of exercise.The enzymes in the smoothie are inactive.Protein does not contain enzymes.Enzymes help with digestion, not metabolic processes.2.(05.04 MC)A pH of 2 is optimal for specific digestive enzymes found in a pig’s stomach. If these enzymes are placed into a neutral substrate solution, what do you predict will be the outcome? (3 points)The enzyme reaction time would decrease.The enzyme reaction time would increase.The enzyme reaction time would stay the same.The optimal pH of the enzyme would change.3.(05.04 MC)A biologist wants to prevent the bonding of enzymes to the substrate in his test solution. What should he do? (3 points)Add a vitamin solutionAdd a zinc solutionAdd an inhibitor solutionAdd a co-factor solution4.(05.04 MC)Which factor decreases the rate of a chemical reaction? (3 points)An inhibitorA co-factorIncreased substrateNeutral pH5.(05.04 MC)Which component is required for the activation of some enzymes? (3 points)Presence of a co-factorBasic pH levels in the substrateHigher enzyme concentrationLower temperature in the substrate6.(05.04 MC)What statement best describes what happens during the catalytic cycle? (3 points)The enzyme breaks the substrate apart to prepare for the reaction.The enzyme positions the substrate to increase access during a reaction.The substrate uses enzyme energy to start the reaction.The active site releases the substrate and replaces it with an inhibitor.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.