1. Some contend that while Americans may be divided by ideology or opinion, they are united by fundamental political values. Describe these core values and discuss a specific example of how their practical interpretations might conflict. 2. What is the difference between a value and a political ideology? Describe some of the characteristics and beliefs that define liberalism, conservatism, and libertarianism in contemporary American politics. What are the main differences between liberalism and conservatism in terms of their emphasis on core American values? 3. In a democracy, it is assumed that elected representatives should implement the policies favored by the people. Discuss how often public opinion actually influences government policy in the United States and whether government is equally responsive to all members of the public. Is there any evidence that government policy might influence public opinion? 4. Describe how public opinion is measured and some of the challenges that arise with polling. Specifically, discuss what sampling is, why sampling is used, and how the problems of social desirability effects, selection bias, the bandwagon effect, and push polling undermine survey research. 5. The First Amendment assigns a special role for the media by providing for freedom of speech and a free press. What are the responsibilities of the media in a democratic society? What are some of the challenges the American media faces in fulfilling its democratic responsibilities? How have government actions helped or hurt the media’s ability to fulfill its democratic responsibilities in the last 50 years? 6. The proportion of Independents, Democrats, and Republicans in the American public has changed significantly over the last five decades. Describe these changes and discuss how party identification varies across social groups. Is there evidence that a party dealignment is occurring in the United States? Explain. 7. Explain why people vote. In your answer, be sure to cite specific evidence to show how the factors you mention are related to voter turnout. 8. Analyze the theory of pluralism. You should discuss the following: (A) the main assumptions of pluralism concerning the role of interests and factions in American politics; (B) James Madison’s concerns about factions and their effects on government; and (C) some contemporary criticisms of pluralism in American politics.
GOVT2305 Brookhaven Ch 5 & 8 Federal Government Political Ideology Test
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.