********** please respond to the discussion below add citations and references 🙂 ********Preparing for something as horrific as the Hatian earthquake is almost impossible. People could have anything ready and it could have been destroyed. When buildings, homes, roads and landmarks are destroyed so many of the preventative measures taken are ruined and people feel helpless. For healthcare professionals, they come in after the disaster has struck, and they have to be prepared for anything. Primary prevention in this situation would be prepared to be in impoverished area that has disease, danger and lack of supplies and shelter. Making sure you have been vaccinated going into an area like this is extremely important to fight against disease. Taking action to have as many supplies needed for yourself, co-volunteers and the people of the community as possible is a way to be preventive.Secondary prevention would be using the supplies taken and utilizing them properly and without waste. Making sure to not spread disease but realizing the supplies have to go far. Understanding you will have less food and water you are used to having and giving to the needy in the community. Making sure the community is prepared for after shocks and sadly more possible deaths or injuries. The priority is safety and survival, knowing when to evacuate if needed (Falkner, A 2018). Making sure you yourself are safe is a priority, if you can not keep yourself safe you can not take care of others when needed.Tertiary prevention would be to plan for the future. Prevent further disease from spreading and helping the Hatians become familiar with taking care of their injuries themselves. Showing them how to improvise and to be clean in a horrible situation. Providing them with the means to start to rebuild their community and giving them as much reassurance as possible to help them grieve the loss of family, friends, community, homes and safety.I feel these examples are from the impact stage. The earthquake has hit and we are starting from the disaster phase. We are preparing to take care of the injuries that have occurred and looking for possible survivors in the rubble. We are trying to find and provide water and food needed in this moment. We are trying to have the medical supplies available to take care of immediate needs. There are numerous agencies that go to international areas to provide support medically, financially and physically. I would work with any agency that provides good care and needs to Haiti. The Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders would be a great place to start to provide medical care and both are pretty well equiped with proper supplies and able to provide more as needed. There is an entire list of places that go out to help and I would go with any group if they had a place available. Faklner, A. (2018). Disaster management. Grand Canyon University. (Chapter 5) Community and public health: The future of healthcare. Retrieved April 12, 2019 from https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs427vn/community-and-public-health-the-future-of-health-care/v1.1/#/chapter/5
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.