*********** please respond to the discussion below add citations and references :)***********The 2010 catastrophic earthquake in Haiti raises numerous concerns for health care providers. The loss of food, housing, shelter, access to clean water, electricity and other resources were some of the issues that Haiti faced in that devastation.Primary Prevention and interventions, before adverse health effects occur, through measures such as vaccinations. Prevention is better than cure and always the best plan. An example of primary prevention for Haiti is to learn from the past. Primary prevention includes things that were required desperately after the quake in 2010. So many were left homeless and many Haitians didn’t even have a place to go to sleep at night. Tents or temporary housing should be available in the communities so that there shelter for people who require it after such kind of disaster. Health care workers should be vaccinated as should the residents of Haiti or the residents of the place where the disaster occurred.Secondary Prevention screening to identify diseases in the earliest stages, thereby nipping it at the bud before it can grow worse and cause more harm. Secondary prevention is about staying organized, preparing, and anticipating the needs of the community. Secondary prevention may include getting help from health care workers/volunteers from outside the country. It is important to have a game plan in primary prevention in case of disaster, then follow-up the plan after disaster. Having access to clean medical supplies, and adequate supplies on hand is so crucial.Tertiary Prevention is managing the disease post diagnosis, by slowing stopping the disease from progressing. Tertiary prevention is meant for those who are acutely ill to prevent further chronic progression. One example of tertiary intervention is planning and keeping up follow-up visits with an organization to manage and maintain the critically sick individuals’ illness. The lack of medications and necessary supplies to manage wounds of those affected and care for those already diagnosed will be extremely challenging if not impossible.The American Red Cross is an organization I would love to volunteer with, to provide relief, food, water, clothing, shelter to victims of disasters, which are so necessary after these kinds of disaster. Helping fellow human beings in these times, showing care, kindness, compassion and empathy is part of being a nurse. The American Red Cross helps to prevent, prepare, and respond to emergencies, provide medical care, emergency supplies, educate and prepare strategies as well as set up and run emergency shelters among the communities all across the United States (Falkner, 2018).References:Falkner, A. (2018). Disaster Management. Retrieved from https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs427vn/community-and-pub…
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.