********** please respond to the discussion below add citations and references 😉 ************Watch the “Diary of Medical Mission Trip” videos dealing with the catastrophic earthquake in Haiti in 2010, was heart wrenching and attention grabbing to say the least. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention defines Primary Prevention as “intervening before health effects occur, through measures, such as vaccinations, altering risky behaviors (poor eating habits, tobacco use), and banning substances known to be associated with a disease or health condition. Secondary Prevention as screening to identify diseases in the earliest stages, before the onset of signs and symptoms, through measures such as mammography and regular blood pressure testing. Tertiary Prevention as managing disease post diagnosis to slow or stop disease progression through measures such as chemotherapy, rehabilitation, and screening for complications. (CDC, Prevention, n.d., p. 1)”My first primary nursing intervention would be to try to get clean water to the community, it the water is not clean it could spread diseases. My secondary nursing intervention would be to do screening exams on each community member I could, like blood pressure checks, screen whether they had their routine medications. The tertiary prevention would be to see if they had been referred treatment for any diagnosed complications from the disaster, such as rehab for a twisted ankle, or to screen and make sure complications haven’t arose from a disease process that may have started with the disaster. In an effort to not duplicate other students responses I did not read any posts prior to posting. My first two interventions would fall under the immediate response to a disaster, as one is a screening tool and the other (obtaining clean water) is a basic necessity.I would work hand in hand with the red cross to make my interventions happen and the reason why is because they are usually first on the ground when a disaster happens. They are very good at what they do and could tell me where I could be utilized the best in the situation. Another agency would be FEMA, local churches usually band together to offer temporary housing and immediate needs too.References:Center for Disease Control and Preventon. (n.d.). Prevention: Picture of America [Pdf]. CDC. Retreived from https://www.cdc.gov/pictureofamerica/pdfs/picture_…Center for Disease Control and Preention. (n.d.). Emergency preparedness and response. Retreived from https://emergency.cdc.gov/Grand Canyon University (Ed). (2018). Community & public health: The future of health care. Retrieved from https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs427vn/community-and-pub… 5USA.gov. (n.d.). After a disaster. Retrieved April 12, 2019, from https://www.usa.gov/after-disasterhttps://www.usa….
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.