200 word replyThis week’s presentation focused on a middle school principal, Jeff Hunt, and how the use of data-driven instruction helped his campus grow from an “improvement needed” classroom to “a school of excellence”. Hunt cited data analysis as being a “key piece of the process” and helping his teachers “embrace the standards” when planning instruction. (Video, 2010) Due to this planning, Hunt also remarked that “planning against the standards” was able to help his school focus on what the students were learning or in need of remediation for as well. This concept resonates with me the most, because I already use data to plan instruction in my classroom at the district I work at, and I have seen student growth as a result. Research supports my experience. For example, one report details how assessment data can, in fact, improve instruction. (Shellard, 2005) The article also suggests ways in which an administrator could effectively monitor student growth. One suggestion was that “assessment needs to be done frequently to be effective in determining the pace of instruction, need for remediation, and readiness for introduction of new material.” (Shellard, 2005) I would use the suggested techniques in my own practice, such as forming a faculty group to create mini-assessments of the 12 most important standards that would be given over the year. Although some may consider this “teaching to the test”, I feel it is a valuable and critical part of planning instruction for the 21st century standards we are bound to teach by.ReferencesHunt, J. (2010, March 9). Jeff Hunt-Principal, North Forsyth Middle School [Video file]. Shellard, E. (2005, February). How assessment data can improve instruction. Retrieved April 4, 2019, from naesp.org
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.