Discussion.Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:Textbook: Review Chapter 2, 3 (pp. 56-59), 13250 words more or less. Just a discussion. Additional scholarly sources you identify through your own researchInitial Post InstructionsYou are an advisor to the President tasked with cutting at least $300 billion from the budget. The president wants your recommendations to cut lines, not large categories. Explain why you chose those cuts. Note: These are not true US budget numbers.DOMESTIC PROGRAMS AND FOREIGN AIDCut some foreign aid to African countries $17 billion Eliminate farm subsidies $14 billion Cut pay of civilian federal workers by 5 percent $14 billion Reduce the overall federal workforce by 10% $12 billion Cut aid to states by 5% $29 billionMILITARYCut the number of nuclear warheads, and end the “Star Wars” missile defense program $19 billion Reduce military to pre-Iraq War size and further reduce troops in Asia and Europe $25 billion Cancel or delay some weapons programs $19 billionHEALTHCAREEnact medical malpractice reform by reducing the chances of large malpractice verdicts $ 8 billion Increase the Medicare eligibility age to 68 $ 8 billion Raise the Social Security retirement age to 68. $ 13 billionEXISTING TAXESReturn the estate tax to Clinton-era levels, passing on an estate worth more than $1 million to their heirs would have portions of those estates taxed. $ 50 billion End tax cuts for income above $250,000 a year $ 54 billion End tax cuts for income below $250,000 a year $ 172 billion Payroll tax increase for people making over $106,000 annually contributing more to Social Security and Medicare. $ 50 billionNEW TAXESInstitute a Millionaire’s tax on income above $1 million $ 50 billion Add a national 5% sales tax $ 41 billion Add a tax on carbon emissions $ 40 billion Tax banks based on their sizes and the amount of risk they take. $ 73 billionTotal gap covered by your budget plan$_________________Use evidence (cite sources) to support your response from assigned readings or online lessons, and at least one outside scholarly source.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.