300 word minimum essay in MLA format, describe and analyze two works from the two periods (Baroque and Renaisaance) by comparing and contrasting the works using your Principles of Art sheet, and also including the Context, cultural influences affecting each work.Topic ( A) : COMPARE AND CONTRAST TWO SCULPTURESCompare and contrast Bernini’s David with Michelangelo’s David Do the works share some commonalities (such as the same subject matter). What else may be similar? How are they alike (compare), and how do they differ (contrast)? What are some key points? What aspect of each artwork does the artist emphasize in his work? What effect on the viewer, if any? How does each work represent the style and flavor of their representative cultural period (context). Consider everything when you analyze each work, but concentrate on the most pertinent points. These principles of art should help: OUTLINE:PRINCIPLES OF VISUAL ART I.SUBJECT (not essential – may be abstracted or non-representational) What is the work of art about?Common sources of art subjects: Nature (including humans) History Greek and Roman mythology The (Jewish) and Christian Tradition / Oriental sacred texts Fantasy, Dreams, Subconscious Other works of art II.FUNCTION (not essential) What is it for? Directly practical and useful art/ the “applied” arts/ crafts? III. MEDIUM What is it made of? For example, in painting the medium my be oil, watercolor, fresco . . . In sculpture, the medium may be marble or wood IV. ELEMENTS AND ORGANIZATION – How is it put together? Elements: Line – vertical (potential action, authority), horizontal (rest, contemplation), diagonal (action, movement), curving (life, energy, a gentle action) Light and shadow (chiaroscuro?) Color Texture- how it feels to the touch(in painting it is an illusion) Volume / Space Including perspective – physical in architecture- in painting is an illusion Organization: Basic Plans (the “form” / “overall design”/ arrangement of parts Triangular, circular, rectangular Balance- symmetrical (mirror-image) or asymmetrical Proportion – parts to the whole Unity and Variety V.REALISM / IDEALISM / or ABSTRACTION (at what level?) VI. STYLE What is its mood, temper, personality? Artists, movements, schools, historical periods, cultures produce identifiable styles that have a “look” “Classic” vs. “Romantic” (non-classical) VII. SYMBOLS – personal or archetypal VIII. JUDGEMENT Is individual and personal. Consider: What has the artist tried to do? Does the work express the character of the age? Levels of meaning? Petty or Sublime (spiritually moving
Compare and Contrast Bernini and Michelangelo David Sculptures Paper
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.