“Looting Africa Theft, illicit sales, poverty and war are conspiring to rob a continent of its rich artistic heritage,” by Aisha Labi and Simon Robinson, Aug. 6th, 2001, from Time Magazine online at content.time.com:http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2056125,00.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.”Looting Mali’s History, ” by Joshua Hammer, Nov. 2009, from Smithsonianmag.com:https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/looting-malis-history-144953243/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.”Talking African art repatriation with curator and anthropoligist Meskerem Assegued,” by Lindsay Samson, July 24th, 2018, from designindaba.com:http://www.designindaba.com/articles/creative-work/talking-african-art-repatriation-curator-and-anthropologist-meskerem-assegued (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.”European museums may loan back some works stolen from former colonies,” by James McAuley and Nick Noack, Aug. 17th, 2018, from WashingtonPost.com:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/european-museums-may-loan-back-some-works-stolen-from-former-colonies/2018/08/08/ea0d8c16-95c2-11e8-818b-e9b7348cd87d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7ac29323d720 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.2. Answer the following questions in a 3-paragraph minimum post:Do you feel that enough is being done to stop illegal excavating, looting and trading of African art? Who is responsible for policing these activities?How do you feel about repatriation? Do you believe that the objects should be returned regardless of circumstances, or do you think that the country and/or institution currently in possession has rights to retain the objects if they acquired them legally? What if they acquired the objects illegally?Should the country of origin be required to prove that they can properly care for, protect, and display the objects?Should war-torn countries be aided in the protection of cultural objects, structures and/or sites?
ART105 Illegal excavations, art objects trade, repatriation Assignment
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.